User Proficiency for Complex and Critical Software Systems
Is your information system constantly changing, complex or not user friendly? Exemplary Performance can help you drive greater results through enhanced user proficiency.
Implementation of complex IT systems often has unintended consequences – long ramp-up times, high error rates, and frustrated users. Exemplary Performance has deep expertise is designing and implementing user support frameworks that shorten time to competence, reduce error rates, reduce dependency on technical support and, therefore, reduce the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for your information systems.
We focus on helping people successfully complete tasks related to required business processes by meeting the support needs that are aligned with the organization’s goals. We have found that in most situations, a variety of solutions need to be developed – training, documentation, online performance support and collaborative activities will increase staff productivity, output quality, and bottom-line operational and business performance. We focus on:
- Standardization of operations
- User compliance with governance, regulations, best practices
- User proficiency/competence
- Continuous improvement and system ROI
- System documentation for new software applications and enhancements
Exemplary Performance has extensive experience designing and implementing performance support that is integrated into complex software environments. Our clients have benefited from an energized workforce that has leveraged the tools, software and processes needed to do their job consistently, producing optimal results for the business. These results include:
- Increased productivity – users quickly answer their own questions without needing a supervisor, peer, or call to the help desk.
- Reduced errors and costs – tasks are performed right the first time, with minimized rework or corrections.
- Proof of compliance – staff has quick access to performance support materials.
- Reduction in training time – training is embedded in the job itself and formal training is shortened and, in some, cases eliminated.
- Reduction in development time - time to develop support components such as documentation, simulations, and web sites is significantly reduced.
- Minimize risk – projects are easier to implement and update and changes to tasks, processes, and governance are developed and distributed in an automated, real time environment
Our approach offers a smarter, leaner approach to supporting complex software operations. Contact David Miller to learn more!